What I Am Grateful For
Ok, David Wescott did it, so I’ll push out some emotional gruel for your consumption this morning. I am grateful for:
- My family, my family, my family.
- My children are happy and healthy. Period. Full stop.
- I have a few jobs. A lot of people don’t even have one.
- The ability to have built a pretty successful consulting practice – as a part-time gig.
- The Simpsons.
- In a year in which way too many people lost their homes, I gained a second one.
- My friends – those relationships that have developed and grown over the years. You know who you are.
- Gaining new friends through social media – and meeting them in person.
- The ability to laugh.
- The fact that I get to try cool stuff in social media – and love it.
- Baseball, specifically the Boston Red Sox.
- Having the time to coach my son in baseball and basketball, and watch my daughter become an accomplished Irish dancer.
- The word “w00t!”
- To live in a country in which your career is often what you can make it.
- When my former students come back to me for advice.
- Speaking another language that is my passport to forming friendship with people with whom I would not have the opportunity otherwise.
- Knowing that every day I try to touch someone’s life in a positive way.
- Our soldiers who have either made the ultimate sacrifice, or as I write this, are missing their own families to protect the freedoms that we too often take for granted.
- Walks with my dog.
- (I am stealing this from David Wescott) – the two people who read this blog.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I like days like today that make people stop and thing about what they are truly grateful for.