#Blogmonday Number Four – Bubbeleh, Blog!
I am starting to have real fun with #blogmonday. Since I started it, I have learned about topics as varied as different ways to enjoy bacon (but it sucks that I cannot partake because I am on a diet), social media karma as well as how cool a town Omaha is. So what more do I need? I need YOU.
I need you to share some linkey love with some of the “hidden gems” of the blogosphere. Yeah, you gotta write a blog post, but you were going to anyway. But contribute to #blogmonday by blogging about who you like – and why.
Last week, my votes were for:
- Dan York’s Disruptive Conversations
- Kami Huyse’s Communications Overtones
- David Armano’s “Logic+Emotion” blog
- Toby Bloomberg’s “Diva Marketing” blog
- Jim Long’s “Verge New Media”
- James Kotecki’s “Emergency Cheese”
Here are this week’s contributions:
Tried, True and Terrific
- Heavy Bag Media. I like Jackie Peters’ writing style, but also enjoy her tweets about the wonderful places where she eats in the LA area (see prior note to being on a diet, however). Jackie’s latest post is writing that I like: direct, concise and slightly snarky: “…too often marketing is approached as an ad-hoc jumble of tactics tossed against the wall in the hopes that one or two pieces will stick.” Bra-vo.
- Shannon Paul’s Very Official Blog. I love her topics, her thinking, as well as the fact that often offers not just random thoughts and questions, but quite often, very thought-provoking posts. I love movies that, after which, you have to go for a cup of coffee to think about and say “hmm.” For me, Shannon’s blog is the online version of that movie. Have a read if you would like to be enlightened and entertained.
- Digital Street Journal. I love reading Jonathan Trenn’s blog, because, dammit, I learn something new about every time I cruise over there. His posts are longer than most, thoughtful and really examine issues. It’s kind of like the BBC of the blogosphere.
Blogs That Need to Make it Onto Your Blogroll
- The Fail Blog. Any blog that makes you laugh out loud needs to be part of your weekly reading. It’s all about typos, people crashing into things and other items that that make you glad that you are not part of Darwin’s Master Plan:
Blogs That You Might Not Read – But Should
- Greenversations. Yes, Virginia, the federal government CAN spend your tax dollars in meaningful and creative ways. Jeff Levy of the Environmental Protection Agency does a lot of things right, and the “Greenversations” blog is just one of them. I am not what you would call a tree hugger, but I sure can recognize good social media outreach when I see it.
Random Blogs of the Week:
- Technosailor. Aaron Brazell’s blog is informative, like me, he is in the swampland that is the Nation’s Capitol, and, most importantly of all, he is a Red Sox fan. Read the blog.
So like I said, start blogging, Bubbeleh. Spread the linkey love. You’ll thank me for it in the morning.
Mark #blogmonday Story