Third #blogmonday – What are You Waiting For?
As I mentioned in my inaugural post, I have started #blogmonday because I want to share some linkey love with some of the “hidden gems” of the blogosphere – as well as introduce some very good blogs that you might not know about. It’s like #followfriday on steroids. Yeah, you gotta write a blog post, but you were going to anyway. But you have to blog about who you like.
Last week, my votes were for:
- Dan Thornton’s “The Way of the Web.
- Jason Falls’ Social Media Explorer
- Shonali Burke’s “Waxing Unlyrical.“
- Lee Odden’s Online Marketing Blog
- Robert French’s “PR Open Mic.”
- Maren Hogan’s “Marenated.”
- The American Latina
Here are this week’s contributions:
Tried, True and Terrific
- Dan York’s Disruptive Conversations. Dan is a frequent contributor to “For Immediate Release” and offers a true technologist’s view to the social media tools that we use as communications professionals.
- Kami Huyse’s Communications Overtones. I had the pleasure of doing a Media Bullseye Radio Roundtable with Kami but knew that she was “wicked smaht” about social media and public relations strategy long before that.
- David Armano’s “Logic+Emotion” blog. This guy is smart. Scary smart. I have used his stuff even in my Georgetown classes. He thinks up answers before most of us have come up with the questions.
Blogs That Need to Make it Onto Your Blogroll
- Toby Bloomberg’s “Diva Marketing” blog. Any blog that states “…my imagination soared with thoughts on how this media could create old-fashioned, corner-grocer-store relationships and real-time customer service in a world that had forgotten the importance,” is one you need to read.
Blogs That You Might Not Read – But Should
- Jim Long’s “Verge New Media.” Jim was/is in television production (every time I see a tweet, he’s getting ready to meet someone BIG), but he brings and interesting perspective of someone who started in “old media” but gets “new media.”
Random Blogs of the Week:
- James Kotecki’s “Emergency Cheese.” With a blog name like that, you just HAVE to click on it, don’t you? DON’T YOU? James offers interesting political commentary, mainly via video.
I get it, I get it. It’s not as easy as #followfriday, but please consider a quick post giving props to those whom you think are deserving of it. Write a post, give some love, get some karma. Ask Shonali Burke.
Mark #blogmonday Story