More Communications Job Openings from Ned’s Job of the Week
I got a very positive reaction to this experiment last week, so I may make it a weekly tradition. And I hope that Ned does not mind, but I will cull a few job openings in the Washington, DC area (and one “exotic” location) for my students from Ned Ned Lundquist’s “JOTW.
In case you did not see last week’s post, I noted that one of the best — if not THE BEST — resource for communications professionals is Ned Lundquist’s “JOTW” or “Job of the Week.” Here’s more from the Web site version of this excellent, free resource:
Ned Lundquist’s “Job of the Week” free e-mail networking newsletter and website for professional communicators has a cult following of more than 10,000 readers (the 5-digit milestone was reached October 6, 2006). The job leads are just one reason his faithful followers begin their Mondays (and sometimes Tuesdays through Fridays) with a cuppa and JOTW.
So here’s a few that I found that may be of interest to my peeps in the Washington, DC area — with a big thanks to Ned to keeping this up all those years:
- Public Information Specialist, Customs and Border Protection, Department Of Homeland Security, Rosslyn, VA
- Communications Liaison, National Association of Realtors, Washington, DC
- Senior Vice President, Jones Public Affairs, Washington, DC
- Senior Account Executive, Jones Public Affairs, Washington, DC
- Marketing Communications Specialist, Metropolitan Regional Information Systems, Inc. (MRIS, Inc.), Rockville, MD
- Director of Government Affairs, Military Families United, Washington, DC
- *Exotic* – CORPORATE COMMUNICATION, Strategic Management Solutions, Bangalore, India
My caveat – I know nothing about the jobs, the organizations, the salaries, etc., but encourage you to check them out. The job market is not dead, it’s just really tired.
Happy hunting G’Town grads. You guys are the best!