Top 10 Things I Love About Detroit
in social media
23 Feb 2009
Just saw this tweet from Shannon Paul requesting input for the Startup Weekend Detroit blog, so I figure that the city needs some love. So here you go, MoTown and Shannon:
- For the last 50 years, Detroit has been the economic engine that drove our economy.
- Foreign car manufacturers have emulated the production methods that Detroit invented.
- People are nice – not nasty, like in New York or Washington.
- Passion for their sports teams is unparalleled – I remember the joy when the Tigers went to the playoffs two years ago and the fans went nuts.
- Hockey is still a real sport.
- People from Detroit, much like those from my native New Hampshire, actually KNOW HOW TO DRIVE IN THE SNOW.
- I had a great steak in a steakhouse that I can’t remember in Auburn Hills.
- Sorry if this one is slightly negative, but one of the greatest moments in (my team’s) Celtics history is Robert “the Chief” Parish cold-cocking Bill Laimbeer in Game 5 of the 1987 Eastern Conference finals.
- Kid Rock actually has some good songs.
- I like Shannon Paul (another friend I have not met) so thought this post would be a good idea.
Mark “8 Mile” Story